Friday, September 23, 2011

Meet My Baby

This is Hudson

Our bundle of joy was born January 24th 2011 @ 1:53 pm Weighing in at 8 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long.
He arrived 8 days late at 41 weeks. I was scheduled for induction on the 24th, and 4 hours before I had to go into the hospital Hudson decided to put me into labor. Good news, I was considered "spontaneous labor". Mind you, I got sent home 3 different times the week before..the first time was on my actual due date. But I wasn't progressing enough so I was sent home. Then 2 more times that week. Until finally Hudson decided to make his grand entrance. Labor was very fast, we got to the hospital right around 7am, epidural by 8:30, started pushing at 1 pm. So an hour of pushing ain't to bad, I'm not complaining. When Hudson was born he had what they call  Meconium Aspiration Syndrome. Basically it means during birth he went potty and swallowed some of it along with some amniotic fluid. It can be very dangerous, but thankfully we had some great nurses. Hudson spent 6 of the longest days of my life in the NICU (newborn intensive care unit). I am also pretty sure I may have gone 3 or more days without showering, I lived at the hospital, I couldn't stand being away from him. But the staff was great and they got him all better,and ready to go home with mommy and daddy. It was the scariest thing we have ever gone through. It was completely unexpected. I only held Hudson for a second before they whisked him and Tanner off to the NICU and I had no idea what was going on. (if you want to learn more about MAS click here it's actually extremely common). Here is a pic of Hudson a few hours after he was born.

As of now Hudson will be 8 months old tomorrow! It's hard to believe that little baby is him. He is a crazy little man, and is gonna leave me with my hands full for the rest of forever. Hudson thinks he can do anything and is a total boy. He started sitting up at 3 months old, crawling at 4 1/2 months, pulling up to standing and wobbling along furniture at 6 months, took his first steps at 6 1/2 months. Now he can take about 10 steps all by himself before falling over, and can walk forever if he holds your hand. I wish he would slow down, I love that he is learning and exploring, but I feel like I never got to experience a baby stage. But, it's ok. Hudson has to be in control and he likes to surprise us. Like a few weeks ago, I was cleaning while he was playing in his crib and the little stinker started climbing out!! He was about half an inch from falling out, scared the daylights out of me! We are currently in the market for a crib tent to lock him in at night. Babies R Us used to sell them, but kids were ripping the netting and their fingers were getting stuck, so they stopped carrying them. Personally I would choose a stuck finger over a broken neck any day. Hudson Is just the best little guy ever. He loves to smile and laugh. He is the most ticklish thing on the planet. He can say dada, baba, and sometimes if he wants to mama, usually he just calls me mmmmm. I love it.

Well, that's our little man in a nutshell. I though you would love to get to know him. Now enjoy some pics of MR. Hudson over the last few months. 

  Here he is in my belly.


These were a few of my fave newborn shots.
This was Hudson's very first Easter

3 Months old


 our first professional family pic, 5 months old
Hudson and Daddy


These are 6 months
This is at our cousins Jenna's wedding. Gives me great ideas :)

7 months, at my family's family pictures




& Just some random favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment