Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for my jobs!

I know, I never thought I would say that either.


But in all honesty I am truly grateful that, especially in this economy, I have a job to help provide for my family. As much as I would give anything to be a stay at home momma to my baby boy, that just isn't a possibility for us right now. My jobs are fun and relatively easy so I can't complain. Working at a bank is great. We are a slow branch, and pretty new still. I get lots of reading done that is for sure :D But my manager is amazing. He is honestly the best boss I think I have ever had! He makes work so much fun, but knows how to get the job done as well. I'm also a waitress. Waitressing was my first job at 16 and I'm still there one day a week. This job is highly stressful. I will say you learn that some people are just not nice at all. I have encountered customers that I just don't understand how they could be so rude to someone you don't know, At that persons place of work. I have cried from a customer on more then one occasion and almost quit a dozen times. I feel like certain people look down on you, and they treat you like scum basically. And act like your job has no meaning. Sometimes I just wanna ask someone where they work so I can go and treat them like they treat me so they see how it is. But threw it all, their are those amazing people you meet. They are so nice, and brighten my day and I love when I can brighten someone's day as well. I think waitressing should be a mandatory class in high school or college or something. You learn so many life long skills. Multi tasking, Humility, You learn that you have to work hard for your money, you learn the true colors of people, and so much more. ok ok, im done with my rant on waitressing promise!

These jobs have molded who I am today. I want Hudson to know nothing in life is free or easy, you have to work to have nice things and provide for you self. I think having a great work ethic is so important.

so, this is something I have to remind myself when I think about leaving Hudson every day...seven days a week!....it breaks my heart. But im able to provide for my family and that is something Im truly grateful for!















also, I saw this on good old faceboo. I thought it fit well with my theme today. I believe this is written fairly recently about the economic woes in America and wall street. I hope Hudson his this work ethic one day!



No comments:

Post a Comment